Autodesk Nastran 2019.2 | 1.3 GbAutodesk is pleased to announce the availability of Nastran 2019.2. This release provides a press fit contact condition, smoothed STL geometry, and a new topology design optimization processor parameter, TOPMAXPNORMEXP.
What's New in Nastran 2019.2 (October 2018):
- Press Fit Contact. Added the option to specify a press fit/interference contact condition via the PRSFIT flag in the BSCONP Bulk Data entry. Previously modeling interference was accomplished by setting the parameter NCONTACTGEOMITER=0, which affects all contact in the model. See PRSFIT in BSCONP.
- Smoothed STL Geometry. Set default value for Output Control Directive OUTGEOMFILETYPE to 2, to generate smoothed geometry in the STL file for the final designs in toptology optimization simulations. See OUTGEOMFILETYPE.
- Revised Reference Guide topic. See TOPTMAXPNORMEXP.
3rd Party Solvers, Core Nastran
- TO: Shape and iteration difference depending on CPU number.
- Nastran on Linux does not handle INCLUDE keyword properly.
- Slow STL Generation with OUTGEOMFILETYPE=1.
- Topology Optimization - solver needs to be able to handle both positive and negative displacement values correctly.
- Reaction force is low for a linear static stress solve using TET10 elements.
- Crash (stack dump) with some models when OUTGEOMFILETYPE=2.
- Crash (stack dump) when using INCRGEOMOUT=ON.
- Disconnections in TO shape when using additive constraints.
- License handshaking randomly fails.
- Unused scratch folder left behind after solve.
- Large Prestress Normal Modes analysis models crash during stress error calculations.
- Number of contact elements generated in ASCG with some TET10 models can be smaller than it should be given the specified MAXAD.
About Autodesk Nastran. Autodesk Nastran is the integrated solving platform for Autodesk mechanical simulation offerings.
Proven and recognized FEA technology
Computational accuracy is foremost and fundamental in a solver design. Robust software design, development methodology, and architecture avoid compromises and preserve solver precision. The Autodesk Nastran reputation for accuracy is assured by comprehensive validation with each new release and decades of real-world application history. It has achieved this level of acceptance because of its precision and the fidelity of its analysis results.
An extensive verification program and documentation set using NAFEMS and other published benchmarks helps ensure accurate solutions. Over 5,000 test problems are verified for each software release to assure consistency as well as numerous improvement updates unique to Nastran that result in unprecedented precision.
Pre- and post-processor compatibility
Autodesk Nastran is compatible with pre- and post-processors that read Nastran data files, such as Siemens Femap, MSC Patran, and Altair Hypermesh-providing engineers and analysts the flexibility to use the Nastran solver and it's advanced capabilities with their preferred pre- and post-processors.
Scalability for future simulation needs
The Autodesk Nastran platform easily expands to additional solution types through third-party add-ons, so you can perform tasks required now and in the future with capabilities that grow with your needs. Eliminate the need to adopt a whole new FEA platform as your analysis and simulation needs become more sophisticated.
Real-time analysis and results
Real-time analysis gives engineers greater control over their FEA models and results. Features such as advanced editing, context-sensitive input, and dynamic help greatly increase productivity and results reliability from the start.
Built-in tools such as the trade study generator and parameter optimization give users quick insight into the effects of design changes. Real‑time results are displayed through an integrated results processor, so users can visualize results as they are generated during the solution sequence. These features combine to make Autodesk Nastran an indispensable solver for engineers and analysts alike.
Packaging and availability
The ease of doing business becomes a valuable factor in enabling engineers and analysts to make great products. Autodesk Nastran works with multiple pre- and post-processors; allows for multicore deployment; and offers regional and global usage rights for ease of deployment. Worldwide access to Autodesk's comprehensive engineering tools makes Nastran easily obtainable. Nastran delivers high-end simulation technology to help you obtain accurate results for complex simulations.
Note: As of March 21, 2018, we've stopped selling Autodesk Nastran software to new customers in a stand-alone offering. In an effort to streamline the experience and deliver more value to our customers, the functionality is now available in Autodesk Nastran In-CAD.
About Autodesk. Autodesk helps people imagine, design and create a better world. Everyone-from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital artists, students and hobbyists-uses Autodesk software to unlock their creativity and solve important challenges.
Product: Autodesk Nastran
Supported Architectures: x64
Website Home Page :
System Requirements: PC
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7even or newer
Size: 1.3 Gb
Links are Interchangeable - No Password - Single Extraction